Tuesday, December 14, 2010

pork porridge

It is easy to cook porridge for your little one. The advantage of cooking your own porridge instead of buying them from the stalls outside is that you never know whether the hawkers add MSG to the cooking.

I boil my own stock and use the stock to cook porridge or pasta for Princess.


Ingredients

500ml stock
2 tbsp uncooked white rice
125g minced pork


Method

1. Pour the stock in the pot

2. Rinse the rice and add to the stock.

3. Cook the porridge.

4. When the porridge is about done, stir in the minced pork and mix well,


Tips

1. There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to cooking the stock. You can use pork (I have recently switched from pork bone / pork ribs to muscle meat because it is less oily), threadfin bones, chicken bones, broccoli, tomato, baby spinach, baby chye sim, potato, carrot, corn, celery, lotus root, red onion, dried scallop, wolfberries, etc. I do not add salt or seasoning to the stock because the stock is very tasty due to the ingredients that I add to the stock. Remember to strain the stock before you portion out the stock and freeze them.

2. I prefer to buy the pork from the butcher in the wet market and ask the butcher to mince the pork for me. If you inform the butcher that you intend to feed the pork to a baby/toddler, the butcher will mince the pork twice so that it is more fine. I prefer not to buy ready-minced pork as these tend to contain fat.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin