Sunday, November 20, 2011

orange cake

The recipe for the orange cake that you see in this post is so easy that I baked the cake when I came home late from work, left the cake to cool when it was baked, went to sleep, woke up the next morning to slice the cake, brought the sliced cake to the home of my friend KN whose three children are Da's and my god-children (oops... I just gave you the answer to one of the questions in my Quiz) and then made my way to work.

Here are some tips when baking this cake:-
(a) all your ingredients should be at room temperature;
(b) the butter should be softened and not melted; and
(c) the batter should be beaten for the suggested time only and not longer.

INGREDIENTS

150g butter
grated rind of 1 orange
2/3 cups castor sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup milk
METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and flour an 8" round cake pan. Set aside.

3. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed using an electric mixer until the ingredients are combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes or until the mixture is changed in colour and smooth.

4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.

5. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin