Tuesday, April 20, 2010

chocolate ice cream

I love chocolates, either plain or with some nuts. I am not so keen on chocolates that contain other types of filling such as jelly.

I have been having fun using the ice-cream maker that Da gave me. There are 6 recipes in the instruction manual that came with the ice-cream maker. However, I have not tried out the recipe. Instead, I have been doing some trial and error on my own and in the process, creating new recipes.

This is another of those trial and error recipes. I happened to bake some chocolate chip cookies and I wondered how it would taste like if I were to break up the cookies and use them to make chocolate ice cream.

This is the end result:-

INGREDIENTS

200ml low fat milk
5 tbsp icing sugar
300ml thickened cream
1 cup chocolate chip cookies (crushed)
1/2 cup chocolate (chopped)
1/2 cup ground peanuts


METHOD

1. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend until evenly mixed.

2. Assemble the ice cream maker and switch it on.

3. Use the chute and pour the mixture into the freezer bowl.

4. Allow the mixture to church until the desired consistency is reached. (I usually allow the mixture to churn for 30 minutes.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin