Wednesday, December 22, 2010

mixed berries and banana smoothie

This is my first attempt at making a smoothie and I must say that I am very pleased with the results. *grin*

I decided to make smoothies because we happened to have have quite a lot of fruits in our refrigerator. Nowadays, non-fat plain yoghurt is one of the regular items that we buy whenever we do grocery shopping, so the yoghurt came in handy this time.

In the past, I did not buy plain yoghurt as I did not like the sour taste. Nowadays, I use plain yoghurt to make bread, cakes, etc. It is very versatile.

INGREDIENTS


6 large bananas
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries (halved)
3 cups non-fat plain yoghurt


METHOD


1. Peel the bananas. Slice them thickly and place them on a baking tray. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze the sliced bananas until they harden.

2. When the bananas have hardened, place the bananas in a blender.

3. Add the blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and plain yoghurt.

4. Blend until the mixture is smooth.

5. Pour the smoothie in a glass and chill before serving.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin