Friday, June 18, 2010

dragonfruit and banana smoothie

I like to eat dragonfruit but I prefer the type that has white flesh because I find them sweeter.

However, when MIL gave us some dragonfruit with pink flesh, I ate a slice and was pleasantly surprised to find it sweet.

It so happened that FIL gave us some overripe bananas as well. Actually, when FIL gave us the bananas, he told us that the bananas were for me to do baking. I think that FIL has resigned himself to the fact that whenever he gives us bananas, I will save them until they become overripe and then use them for baking. As such, if he has any leftover bananas at home that have become overripe, he now gives them to me.

This is a simple combination of pink dragonfruit and banana. When my family came to our home for dinner and I gave them a glass of the smoothie each, my mother and my brother (LG) liked the smoothie so much that they had a second glass each.

INGREDIENTS

500ml plain non-fat yoghurt
3 large overripe bananas
1 large pink dragonfruit


METHOD

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

2. Chill before serving.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin