Thursday, September 23, 2010

meatlovers loaf

Whenever my family orders pizza from Canadian 2-for-1 pizza, one of the types of pizzas that they like to order is the meatlovers pizza. It contains various types of meat.

I was inspired to do the same for my bread. However, as I only had three types of meat on hand (that is, back bacon, picnic ham and pork sausages), I made do with whatever I had.

When my MIL saw the bread and asked me what it was, she was tickled when I replied with a straight-face, "meatlovers loaf".

I have therefore decided to name this bread "meatlovers loaf". *grin*

INGREDIENTS

4 slices back bacon
4 pork sausages
4 slices picnic ham
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup fine sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup warm low fat milk
1 1/2 tsp fine salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
3 tbsp bread flour

METHOD

1. Cut the back bacon, pork sausages and picnic ham into large pieces. Set aside.

2. Place all the ingredients (except the meat, bread flour and yeast) in the bucket of the breadmaker machine.

3. Add 4 cups of the bread flour, making sure that the wet ingredients are totally covered.

4. Add the yeast.

5. Place the bucket in the breadmaker machine and set to "dough" cycle. Start the cycle.

6. Ten minutes into the cycle, open the lid of the breadmaker machine and add the meat. Replace the lid and let the cycle continue.

7. Another ten minutes later, open the lid of the breadmaker machine and add 3 tbsp bread flour. Replace the lid and let the cycle continue.

8. When the cycle has been completed, turn the dough onto a floured board. Using floured hands, knead the dough 5 times.

9. Place the dough in a loaf pan that has been greased and lined with baking paper.

10. Cover the loaf pan with a dry cloth and leave for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.

11. Bake in an oven preheated to 185 degrees celsius for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin