Tuesday, May 11, 2010

banana raisin cake

I increasingly find that I enjoy recipes that are short and fuss-free. It could be due to the fact that we are all busy people and we do not have the luxury of time to go through 20 steps in a recipe.

As such, when I try out a recipe, I look for one that has minimal steps. The same applies when I create a recipe - if the recipe is simple and fuss-free for me, it would work the same for others who try out my recipes.

Here is a simple recipe for banana raisin cake that I created. If you prefer prunes, you can substitute with pitted prunes.

INGREDIENTS

1 large overripe banana (mashed)
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup blackcurrant juice
1/2 cup raisins

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and flour an 8" round cake pan. Set aside.

3. Sift the self-raising flour and salt in a bowl. Stir in the raisins. Set aside.

4. Mix the banana, castor sugar, oil and blackcurrant juice in a bowl using a hand whisk.

5. Fold in the flour/raisin mixture using a wooden spatula and mix until blended.

6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.

7. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are there no eggs in this cake? and what temperature is it cooked at?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin