Thursday, August 20, 2009

mixed fruit yoghurt ice cream

This recipe is adapted from a recipe for strawberry yoghurt ice cream that I came aross in Aunty Yochana's blog. I like to eat fresh strawberries but somehow strawberry milk, strawberry ice-cream, strawberry yoghurt, etc are not my cup of tea.

INGREDIENTS

300g fruits (cut into small pieces) - I used a mixture of peaches, fruit cocktail, lychees and longan
80g fine sugar
100g non-fat mixed berries yoghurt
200g non-diary whipping cream
1 tsp mango essence

METHOD

1. Blend the fruits and the sugar in a blender until it becomes puree.

2. Mix the yoghurt with the puree and blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour the fruit mixture into a container.

3. Whisk the non-diary whipping cream using a hand whisk until it is stiff. Fold it into the fruit mixture.

4. Add the mango essence and mix thoroughly.

5. Freeze the ice-cream overnight until it is firm.


TIPS

1. As I had additional fruits left over, I cut the balance fruits into small cubes and added them to the mixture when I added the mango essence.

2. When I served the ice-cream, I topped the ice-cream with:-
(a) fresh blueberries; and
(b) crushed Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano cookies.

Da had a bowl of this and when he had finished eating it, he said "gotta take some more".

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin