Wednesday, June 16, 2010

mocca fudge cake

I was in one of those "let's flip through a cookbook" day. I pulled out my Australian Women's Weekly Cakes & Slices cookbook and flipped through the cookbook without having anything in particular in mind to bake.

There is a section in this cookbook entitled "Quick-Mix". It is intended to be an all-in-one recipe where you put all the ingredients together and beat the mixture using an electric mixer.

I decided to give the chocolate fudge cake recipe a try. However, I did not have on hand 250g dark cooking chocolate. I only had a bar of Hersheys baking chocolate (it was 113g - 8 squares).

What you see here is a modification of the recipe. As I used a hand whisk instead of an electric mixer, I modified the steps as well.

The cake remained fudgey even on the next night.

INGREDIENTS

113g Hersheys cooking chocolate (8 squares)
125g butter
2/3 cup castor sugar
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1/8 cup instant 3-in-1 coffee (I used 3-in-1 instant Ipoh white coffee, hazelnut flavour)
4 eggs

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and flour an 8" round cake pan. Set aside.

3. Melt the chocolate and butter over hot water. Leave the melted mixture to cool.

4. Mix the castor sugar, self-raising flour and coffee using a hand whisk.

5. Add the egg, one at a time.

6. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until blended.

7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin