Tuesday, July 14, 2009

banana raisin ice cream

I have been having fun lately making ice-cream... without the use of an ice-cream maker. Having said this, though, in March 2009 I came across an ice-cream maker being sold at a shop at Seah Street (near LSD's office). I did not enquire as to the price of the ice-cream maker then as I was not planning to buy it. However, the more I think about it, the more interested I am in making this acquisition. Hi LSD, when are you free for lunch? Perhaps I can meet up with you for lunch and thereafter pop by the shop to check out the ice-cream maker. *grin*

The recipe in this post is a modification of a recipe for strawberry yoghurt ice cream that I came across in Aunty Yochana's blog.

INGREDIENTS

300g overripe bananas
60g castor sugar
1 tsp banana essence
130g plain non-fat yoghurt
200g whipping cream
1 cup raisins

METHOD

1. Place the bananas, castor sugar, banana essence and plain yoghurt in a blender and mix until well blended.

2. Using a hand whisk, whisk the whipping cream in a bowl until stiff.

3. Stir the raisins and banana mixture into the whipped cream and mix thoroughly.

4. Place the mixture in a container and freeze overnight.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin