Monday, July 26, 2010

yoghurt sunflower seed bread

This type of bread is the kind that my Aunt SN (my mother's second sister) and my MIL like - plain and simple. Aunt SN once told me that she does not fancy "designer bread". *grin*

As I was busy at home, I decided to bake the bread from start to finish using my breadmaker. Usually, I will only use the breadmaker to prepare the dough and I will complete the baking process in my convection oven.

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 tbsp warm water
3/8 cup warm low fat milk
1 1/2 tbsp butter (softened)
3/8 cup yoghurt drink - I used mixed fruits yoghurt drink
1 egg (beaten lightly)
3 tbsp castor sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast

METHOD (fully automated)

1. Place all the ingredients (except the bread flour and yeast) in the bucket of the breadmaker machine.

2. Add the bread flour, making sure that the wet ingredients are fully covered.

3. Add the yeast.

4. Set the breadmaker to bread mode and start the cycle.

5. When the cycle has been completed, remove the bread from the breadmaker and leave to cool on a wire rack.

METHOD (semi-automated)

1. Place all the ingredients (except the bread flour and yeast) in the bucket of the breadmaker machine.

2. Add the bread flour, making sure that the wet ingredients are fully covered.

3. Add the yeast.

4. Set the breadmaker to "dough" mode and start the cycle.

5. When the cycle has been completed, turn the dough onto a floured board. Using floured hands, knead the dough 5 times.

6. Place the dough in a loaf pan that has been greased and lined with baking paper. Spread out the dough such that the dough touches the sides of the loaf pan.

7. Cover the loaf pan with a dry cloth and leave for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.

8. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin