Sunday, August 29, 2010

5-minute chocolate cake

This recipe was given to me by JT (the sister of my friend, SC). When she emailed the recipe to me, she called it a "dangerous recipe".

Why "dangerous"? It is because this recipe is so easy and it takes only about 5 minutes from start to finish. Best of all, the cake is sinfully delicious!

I have slightly modified the steps as I found it tricky to mix the cake batter in the coffee mug.

INGREDIENTS

2 coffee mugs
4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp low fat milk
3 tbsp sunflower oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips
1/8 tsp vanilla essence

METHOD

1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a hand whisk.

2. Divide the batter equally between two coffee mugs.

3. Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH.


TIP

Do not cover the coffee mug because the cake will rise above the rim of the coffee mug during the cooking process.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin