Saturday, October 29, 2011

matcha raisin cake

When I baked the matcha raisin cake that you see in this post, I could smell the green tea as the cake was baking in the oven.

Whilst I have no complaints about the flavour of the cake, I do wish that the cake was, well, more green in colour. I used matcha (that is, finely powdered green tea) that was intended for use as a drink. I shall have to hunt around for matcha that is suitable for baking - I am not sure but perhaps there is another type of matcha that would give the cake a more greenish colour.

INGREDIENTS

3 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground almond
3 tbsp matcha
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
2 cups castor sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup raisins

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.

2. Grease a 9" cake pan and line with baking paper. Set aside.

3. Sift the plain flour, baking powder, ground almond and matcha in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.

5. Lightly beat 1 egg and add to the butter mixture and mix well. Repeat with the rest of the eggs.

6. Add the raisins and stir well.

7. Fold in the flour mixture and mix until blended.

8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

9. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin