Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ham & cheese toast

When I was young, my family and I used to be members of one of our local swimming clubs. I recall that the cafeteria of the swimming club used to sell a snack called "ham cheese toast". It was a simple open-faced sandwich comprising toasted sandwich bread with ham and cheese but my brothers and I enjoyed it tremendously and often ordered it as a snack after our weekly swimming lessons.

Here is my version of "ham cheese toast".

INGREDIENTS

square sandwich bread
butter
picnic ham
square cheddar cheese
Dijon mustard
dried parsley flakes
freshly ground black peppercorn
bacon bits

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.

2. Spread butter on one side of the bread.

3. Place a slice of picnic ham on top of the buttered side of the bread.

4. Place a slice of the cheddar cheese on top of the ham.

5. Add Dijon mustard on top of the cheese.

6. Freshly grate black peppercorn on top of the mustard.

7. Sprinkle dried parsley flakes.

8. Sprinkle bacon bits.

9. Toast the sandwich in the oven for ten minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin