Tuesday, November 22, 2011

peanut butter loaf

The recipe in this post is a modification of a recipe that I came across in HHB's blog.

It may be due to the age of my breadmaker but I have noticed that when I use the breadmaker to make the bread from start to finish, the texture of the bread is not as soft as when I use only the "dough" cycle of the breadmaker machine and bake the bake in the oven. As such, nowadays I prefer to bake the bread in the oven after using my breadmaker to make the dough.

The other thing that you have to take note of when making bread is the yeast. I used to be unsuccessful with almost every loaf of bread that I made (regardless whether I used the breadmaker or not). When I switched to another brand of yeast, every loaf of bread was successfully made (except for the times when I got too carried away with modifying recipes or creating recipes and went overboard with the ingredients). I am not certain whether the problem lies with the brand of yeast that I used to use or the fact that the yeast was not fresh.

INGDEDIENTS

1 tbsp peanut oil
1 3/8 cups water
3 tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp dried milk powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups bread flour
2 tsp instant dry yeast


METHOD

1. Place all the ingredients (except the bread flour and yeast) in the bucket of the breadmaker machine.

2. Add the bread flour, making sure that the wet ingredients are totally covered.

3. Add the yeast.

4. Place the bucket in the breadmaker machine and set to "dough" cycle. Start the cycle.

5. When the cycle has been completed, place the dough in an 8" x 5" loaf pan that has been greased and lined with baking paper. Spread out the dough in the loaf pan.

6. Cover the loaf pan with a damp cloth and leave for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.

7. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin