Tuesday, March 9, 2010

carrot and chocolate muffins

Lately, I have been having fun posting in my facebook photographs of goodies that I have baked / cooked.

When I posted in my facebook the photograph above, Da's and my friend, WC left a comment in my facebook:-

"Stop torturing us with photos like this...My keyboard keeps getting flooded. Tell us what is the collection time and at which location."

When I baked these muffins, I grated some hazelnut chocolate that my mother's eldest sister had bought from Melbourne, Australia and given to me (thank you, Tuayi, for the chocolates!). As the chocolate was grated, the muffins had a hint of chocolate taste.

If, like me, you prefer the hearty taste of chocolate, I would recommend that you roughly chop the hazelnut chocolate instead of grating it.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
3/4 cup castor sugar
3 medium carrots (grated)
1 cup hazelnut chocolate (chopped)

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.

2. Line the muffin pans with paper muffin cups. Set aside.

3. Sift the plain flour, baking power, bicarbonate of soda, salt and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Whisk the eggs, sunflower oil and castor sugar in a mixing bowl using a hand whisk. Add the flour mixture and stir using a wooden spatula until just combined. Do not over-stir.

5. Fold in the grated carrots and chopped chocolate.

6. Fill the muffin cups with the batter till about 3/4 full.

7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin