Thursday, August 5, 2010

chocolate chip almond brownie

When I found out that a new colleague liked to cook and bake, I asked her what her speciality was. She said brownies. Yummy, yum, yum!

I like to bake and eat brownies. During one of my trips to the United States of America in the 1990s (I think), I went on a brownie craze and ate brownies wherever I went. Needless to say... I put on weight by the time I came home! *grin*

The recipe that you see in this post is adapted from a brownie recipe that I received from Da's niece, MAT.

INGREDIENTS

1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
120g butter (softened)
150g castor sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped almonds

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and line a 9" square cake pan. Set aside.

3. Sift the ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, plain flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.

5. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well with each addition.

6. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.

7. Fold in the flour mixture using a wooden spatula and stir until blended.

8. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds and mix evenly.

9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin