Wednesday, February 3, 2010

baked cheesecake

I have my friend, JS to thank for this lovely baked cheesecake. She kindly shared with me the ingredients for her baked cheesecake. Other than telling me that I need to bake the cheesecake at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour, the dear girl did not tell me the steps to baking the cheesecake! tsk, tsk... not to worry.... improvise, improvise, improvise.

With a little trial and error and some tweaking of the list of ingredients, here is a modified version of JS's baked cheesecake. Thanks so much for sharing with me the useful tips, JS. I believe that cheesecake is your speciality, so do share with me more cheesecake recipes!

INGREDIENTS

Base:
200g digestive biscuits
90g butter (melted)

Filling:
500g cream cheese
175g castor sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp mango essence
1/4 cup plain flour

METHOD

Base:

1. Crush the digestive biscuits.

2. Add the melted butter and mix well.

3. Press the mixture into the base of a 9" round cake pan and refrigerate until firm.


Filling:

1. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until creamy.

2. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with each addition.

3. Add the sour cream, mango essence and plain flour and mix until blender.

4. Pour the filling on top of the biscuit base and steam bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour.


TIP

By "steam bake", what it means is that you will need to place the cake pan in another tray that is filled with hot water. If you place your cake pan directly in the oven without the additional water-filled tray, the top of your filling would tend to crack during the baking process.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin