Tuesday, October 27, 2009

baby potatoes

There is a programme on the Asian Food Channel called "Licence to Grill". In the programme, the host (Robert Rainford) will awe you with the countless ways to marinate food and barbeque them. Although my family and I do not eat barbequed food often, I find the programme very interesting and I pick up many tips from the programme.

From time to time, Jaime Oliver will, in his Naked Chef series, also show how to marinate and barbeque food.

My mother was so inspired by the programmes that she borrowed a recipe book on barbeque from the public library.

I was watching one of the episodes of The Naked Chef one night and Jaime Oliver marinated some baby potatoes, wrapped them in aluminium foil and barbequed them.

When the family of The Three Musketeers came to our home on 20 June 2009 for a BBQ feast, I decided to put to practice what I had learned from Jaime Oliver. The recipe in this post is my version of what I learned from the programme.

INGREDIENTS

1 packet of baby potatoes
freshly ground sea salt (to taste)
freshly ground mixed peppercorn (to taste)
olive oil
fresh rosemary leaves


METHOD

1. Wash the baby potatoes and scrub the jackets thoroughly. Do not remove the skins.

2. In a bowl, mix the freshly ground sea salt, freshly ground mixed peppercorn and olive oil. Do a taste test.

3. Add the rosemary leaves and baby potatoes and mix well.

4. Wrap the potato mixture with aluminium foil and leave for at least 30 minutes before barbequing.


TIP

When ET barbequed the baby potatoes, he did not place the aluminium foil above direct heat. Also, he rotated the direction of the aluminium foil every 15 minutes. After 1 hour, the baby potatoes were very soft and moist.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin