Monday, August 24, 2009

balsamic chicken thighs

One of the cookbooks that my mother borrowed from the public library is that of barbeque. I had a great time flipping through the cookbook, browsing the recipes.

I came across a simple recipe for barbequed herbed balsamic chicken breasts. When Da and I hosted a barbeque party at our home on 20 June 2009, I decided to adapt from the recipe as I did not have some of the ingredients stated in the recipe.

May I present to you... balsamic chicken thighs. Bon appetit!

INGREDIENTS

4 chicken thighs (deboned)
2 tbsp chopped garlic1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1/2 whole black peppercorn
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
freshly ground sea salt (to taste)
freshly ground mixed peppercorn (to taste)

METHOD

1. Wash and drain the chicken thighs. Using a sharp knife, gently make slashes diagonally across the chicken thighs. Set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together. Add the chicken thighs and mix well.

3. Cover the mixing bowl and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

4. Place the marinated chicken thighs in direct heat of the barbeque pit.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin