Saturday, January 16, 2010

apple cake with mixed fruits

I have stumbled upon a tip for moist cake - use fruit puree. It all started when I had some balance Heinz apple puree. So as not to waste it, I added it to my cake batter (as part of the liquid) and I was pleasantly surprised at how moist the cake turned out to be.

Ever since we bought a Philips hand grinder, I have been making my own fruit and vegetable puree. Not only can the puree be used as baby/infant food, the puree also comes in handy as a dip or as an ingredient for my cakes and bread.

INGREDIENTS

3 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup apple puree
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup dried mixed fruits

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.

3. Sift the self-raising flour, salt and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Mix the castor sugar, oil, apple puree and apple juice in a bowl using a hand whisk.

5. Add the flour mixture and whisk until evenly blended.

6. Stir in the dried mixed fruits and mix well.

7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until the skewer near the middle of the cake comes out clean.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin