Tuesday, June 22, 2010

chocolate chip doughnuts

I love the non-stick doughnut pans that I bought from a shop at Seah Street. When you step into the shop, you feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are so many types of baking equipment sold in the shop that your mind goes blank except for "buy, buy, buy!".

I bought the non-stick doughnut pans for S$7 each.

When I baked the doughnuts that you see in this post, I did not have on hand a copy of the doughnut recipe that I usually use. I did not feel like logging into my computer and checking the recipe from my blog and as such, I decided to "bite the bullet" and improve as I prepared the batter.

The outcome? I will leave it to you to give this recipe a try but suffice to say that I had no complaints about the end product.

INGREDIENTS

100g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
60g butter (softened)
60g castor sugar
1 egg
200ml flavoured yoghurt drink - I used non-fat mango yoghurt drink
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease the doughnut pan. Set aside.

3. Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.

5. Add the egg and mix well.

6. Add the yoghurt drink and beat until well combined.

7. Fold in the flour mixture using a wooden spatula and stir until blended.

8. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.

9. Fill the doughnut pans about 2/3 full.

10. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle of the doughnut comes out clean.

11. Let the doughnuts cool on a wire rack.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin