Saturday, June 12, 2010

pistachio brownies

I have Da's niece, SCT to thank for this recipe. I obtained the recipe from SCT's sister, MAT when MAT came to our home on Good Friday this year for a barbeque. MAT baked brownies at our home. The brownies were so delicious that I requested MAT for the recipe.

SCT's brownie recipe calls for the inclusion of chocolate chips only. As I like to have nuts in my brownies, I made some modifications to the recipe. I also reduced the quantity of sugar in the recipe.

The recipe that MAT wrote down only included the ingredients and the baking time/baking temperature.

The next day, I could not resist the temptation to bake the brownies myself. I have posted the recipe here and I have included the method (as per how I baked the brownies) as well.

INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
115g butter (softened)
180g castor sugar
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup pistachio meat
1/3 cup chopped almonds

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Grease and flour an 8" round cake pan. Set aside.

3. Sift the cocoa powder, plain flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.

4. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl using a hand whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.

5. Stir in the chocolate chips, pistachio meat and chopped almonds.

6. Fold in the flour mixture using a wooden spatula and stir until blended.

7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out clean.

8. Let the brownies cool in the cake pan for 5 minutes before turning the brownies onto a wire rack to be cooled thoroughly.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin