Saturday, March 13, 2010

jam tarts

I had originally planned to bake pineapple tarts based on a recipe that I came across in Kitchen Corner's blog. However, I forgot to buy pineapples when Da and I went grocery shopping. As such, I decided to improvise and bake jam tarts instead.

I used homemade mango jam but you can use any store-bought jam of your choice.

What I like about the tarts is that the pastry melts in your mouth. Yummy!

INGREDIENTS

360g plain flour
2 tbsp custard powder
250g butter
30g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
jam

METHOD

1. Sift the plain flour and custard powder in a bowl. Set aside.

2. Cream the butter, icing sugar and egg yolk in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.

3. Fold in the flour mixture using a wooden spatula and mix until a dough forms.

4. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

5. Place the dough in a cookie press and pipe out the dough (in the shape of a flower) on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.

6. Fill the centre portion of the dough with some jam.

7. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees celsius for 15 to 18 minutes or until the jam tarts are golden brown.

8. Let the jam tarts cool thoroughly before storing them in an air-tight container.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin